Below are the positions that are currently open and most urgently needed.
If you’re interested in these or any other construction related positions, please apply directly to the job postings on Indeed, or submit resumes / inquiries directly to [email protected]
Updated: February 15, 2024
Designer / Draftsperson (3+ Years Experience, Full Time or Part Time)
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE WORK POSITION. Please do not apply if you are not able to work in Nanaimo BC.
As a Designer / Draftsperson, you will play a crucial role in our innovative design and construction process. You will work closely with our team to create detailed drawings and plans for modular construction projects. We are looking for someone with +/- 3 years of experience that can be involved in all phases of a project, including design through to completion of construction. Your expertise in Vectorworks will be a valuable asset in ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of our drafting process.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and other team members to create detailed construction drawings and plans.
- Full building design, including M&E drawings, plus their plotting and distribution
- Produce accurate and comprehensive construction documents using Vectorworks.
- Ensure that all designs and drawings adhere to industry standards and local building codes.
- Assist in the development and optimization of modular construction processes.
- Review and revise drawings based on feedback from the design and engineering teams.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of modular construction techniques and best practices.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and innovations in the modular construction industry.
- Communication with client on desires / requirements
- A degree in architecture, engineering, or a related field or a Red Seal Carpenter, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in Vectorworks software.
- Experience in modular construction is an asset, including a strong understanding of modular construction techniques and principles.
- Solid understanding of architectural and engineering standards and regulations.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate and organized drawings.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn and adapt to new technologies and methodologies.
This is a permanent position, and we are considering applicants interested in working either part time or full time. This is not a remote work opportunity. All work is based at our facility in Nanaimo and does not require travel.
PLEASE SUBMIT A PORTFOLIO / EXAMPLES OF YOUR WORK in addition to your resume.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Salary: $28.50-$38.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: 1868 Fielding Road, Nanaimo BC
Submit resumes to [email protected]